Carbon Print Process (WIKI LINK) is one of the most beautiful processes ever invented. It’s superior to all other printing processes in it’s tonality and archival quality. On top of that it’s also rather cheap process. The only problem that it has is that is extremely slow process. It will take two days to make a several prints from scratch. We will make prints on fixed out photo-paper and we will make also carbon print on glass. Because this process is very slow, I’m limiting this workshop to a small group of four participants.
Two day basic carbon printing workshop. We will learn how to make carbon tissues, how to dry them, sensitise them, expose them and of course develop them. We will learn how to use glass as a final support for our image, we will learn how to prepare
Na žago 4, Straža pri Novem mestu, Slovenia (45°47’07.1″N 15°04’35.4″E – Google maps)
Thursday 19th and Friday 20th of September 2019. We start the day at 9:00 and end the day at about 19:00
This is a basic course, going easy to follow step by step, so no previous knowledge is required.
Two day workshop costs 350 EUR and that includes all material cost and detailed hand out notes with all the steps and receipts. It does not include food and accommodation.
I recommend RaMar accommodation (LINK) But if you are coming by car, there are more options. Five kilometers away, in Dolenjske Toplice there are options like camping (LINK), Hotel Pri Mostu is really nice place and in Novo mesto that is 9 km away there is also Hostel Situla. There are many other options on Booking.com.
The workshop is limited to four participants and you get your place by paying the reservation of 100 EUR. The reservation fee is 80% refundable three weeks before the workshop. The rest you pay at the beginning of the workshop. I want you to feel comfortable and pay when you will be here, but I do need to collect the reservation fee.
HOW TO GET HERE?
The closest airport is Ljubljana, Slovenia
The second closest airport is Zagreb, Croatia
Then there are two more airports in the vicinity: Klagenfurt (AT), Treviso (IT)
If you will come by buss or train, go to Novo mesto. From Novo mesto busses are going to Straža, but the connection is not that good, so I can pick you up and drop you to your accomodation place.
Please email me for reservations and more information email@example.com
- Introduction to the processes and reviving some examples
- Safety measures during work
- Preparation of glop, the pigmented gelatine
- Pouring the pigmented gelatine and making carbon tissues on temporary support
- Drying the tissues
- Seizing paper for final support
- Sensitising preprepared tissues
- Exposing the preprepared and sensitised carbon tissue
- Making the first carbon print and getting familiar with all the steps of the process
- Sensitising the carbon tissues from the first day (tray and brush sensitising)
- Single transfer cabon printing process
- Seized paper as the final support
- Glass as a final support
- Learning how to manipulate contrast
- Final presentation and protection of the print
Each participant will receive notes with all the receipts and the most important points to remember.