Workshop on Wet Plate Collodion process – Ambrotype.
Glavni trg 6, Novo mesto, Slovenia (Google Maps)
HOW TO GET HERE?
Airports of Ljubljana, Zagreb and Trieste are one hour drive from the center of the world. Airports Venice and Klagenfurt are less then three hours drive. Pick up at the airport is possible.
7th, 8th and 9th of July 2017
It’s intended for photographers who would like to start with collodion photography or improve their level of knowledge.
Three day workshop costs 399 EUR and that includes all the material cost. It does not include food and accommodation.
The workshop is limited to four participants, so please send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
– Introduction to the processes
– Reviewing historic and contemporary examples of ambrotypes and tintypes
– Preparation of chemistry and cleaning plates
– The making of the first wet plate collodion plates
– Making a portrait with ambient light
– Making a portrait with studio flashes
– traveling to Celje
– Photographing in skylight Studio Pelikan from 1898
– Learning how to calibrate chemistry for hot (or cold) temperatures
– Varnishing ambrotypes and tintypes
– Silver Nitrate bath maintenance (kaolin, boiling with baking soda, filtering, adjusting pH,…)